We engage only highly qualified lawyers who are selected on the basis of solid academic qualifications and proven career achievements. They bring to the firm broad general business experience, outstanding technical skills, substantial community involvement and proven leadership ability.
We hire professionals motivated to work independently but in a team atmosphere. We look for people who can achieve the right balance between hard work, family and personal interest and still achieve legal and service excellence.
We attract well-rounded people who have strong character and good personalities. A Bryan & Company lawyer has a demonstrated desire to succeed and an attachment to the cities and province we are fortunate to live in and serve.
Areas of Practice
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Professional Background and Education
B.A. Hon. 1996—University of Alberta
LL.B. 1998—University of Alberta
Alberta Bar Admission 1999
As a member of our Advocacy Group, Sean strives to provide practical, timely advice for his clients with a view to resolve civil disputes through litigation, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolution forums. He prides himself on finding creative, innovative, and cost effective solutions for his clients. Sean has particular interest in the following areas:
- Advising clients on strategic approaches for the resolution of complex multi-party disputes
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation including contractual, commercial, and shareholder disputes
- Construction Litigation representing developers, design professionals, contractors, and project managers in a multitude of construction related claims including complex building/construction/design deficiencies, property loss and delay claims
- Catastrophic Personal Injury and Fatality Litigation arising out of industrial accidents, motor vehicle accidents, and occupier’s liability incidents
- Oilfield products liability claims involving loss of downtime, personal injury and professional negligence
- Professional liability with particular emphasis on construction and energy projects
- Insurance Litigation including first party claims, complex coverage disputes, large loss subrogation matters, priority claims and SEF 44 defence
Sean has appeared as counsel before all levels of Court in Alberta and has also represented clients in other Western Canadian provinces. Sean has extensive experience with large, complex multi-party litigation and is frequently involved in the resolution of claims through a multitude of forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Sean currently sits on the firm’s Professional Development Committee.