We engage only highly qualified lawyers who are selected on the basis of solid academic qualifications and proven career achievements. They bring to the firm broad general business experience, outstanding technical skills, substantial community involvement and proven leadership ability.
We hire professionals motivated to work independently but in a team atmosphere. We look for people who can achieve the right balance between hard work, family and personal interest and still achieve legal and service excellence.
We attract well-rounded people who have strong character and good personalities. A Bryan & Company lawyer has a demonstrated desire to succeed and an attachment to the cities and province we are fortunate to live in and serve.
Areas of Practice
Corporate Commercial Litigation
Professional Background and Education
LL.B. 2006 University of Alberta
Alberta Bar Admission 2007
Erin works with both creditors and debtors in the area of Insolvency/Commercial Debt Recovery, including:
- CCAA arrangements, BIA proposals and Receiverships
- Debt Realizations
- Security enforceability and priorities between creditors
- Builders’ lien placement and enforcementcommercial landlord and tenant matters
Erin works with both employers and employees in the area of Employment Law, including:
- Wrongful dismissals and advice regarding terminations
- Advice regarding discipline and attendance management
- Employment Standards compliance
- Drafting and review of employment contracts and independent contractor agreements
- Drafting and implementing employment policies
- Human rights issues
- Advice with respect to disability and accommodation issues
- Privacy compliance
Erin also assists clients with the resolution of general commercial litigation matters.
Erin has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta, and also has experience in the representation of clients at mediations and other alternative dispute resolution hearings.
Erin frequently conducts and participates in seminars on employment law and debt recovery. Erin is a member of the Executive of the Canadian Bar Association Insolvency South Subsection.