We engage only highly qualified lawyers who are selected on the basis of solid academic qualifications and proven career achievements. They bring to the firm broad general business experience, outstanding technical skills, substantial community involvement and proven leadership ability.
We hire professionals motivated to work independently but in a team atmosphere. We look for people who can achieve the right balance between hard work, family and personal interest and still achieve legal and service excellence.
We attract well-rounded people who have strong character and good personalities. A Bryan & Company lawyer has a demonstrated desire to succeed and an attachment to the cities and province we are fortunate to live in and serve.
Areas of Practice
Professional Background and Education
LL.B. 1997—University of Alberta
B.A. (Economics) 1997—University of Alberta
Alberta Bar Admission 1998
Rob advises on business and corporate related issues for his clients using a multi-faceted approach that draws from a broad range of experience. He provides practical advice to his business clients with a view to providing them with creative and innovative solutions to whatever issues they may be facing. Rob has a particular interest in the following areas:
- Transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and the reorganization of business ventures within and outside of Canada
- Corporate and commercial strategic planning, organization of corporations, unlimited liability companies, limited liability companies, joint ventures, partnerships, limited partnerships and proprietorships
- Negotiated and hostile mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance, including advising clients on the implementation of compliance programs, compliance audits, and directors and officers’ liability
- Business organization governance planning and structuring, including shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, limited partnership agreements and joint venture agreements
- Dispute resolution and problem solving of inter-party organizational and operational disputes, including the negotiation of and implementation of reorganizations
- Consulting on stock exchange compliance including listing requirements and offerings of debt or equity
- Negotiating business transactions
- Advising on most operational aspects of business enterprises
- Developing strategies for clients concerning the purchase or sale of a business
- Providing assistance to business organizations to solve operational problems
Rob practices general corporate/commercial law and has experience in a wide range of corporate matters–from assisting start-up companies with all facets of their business, to advising on multimillion-dollar domestic and international transactions. He acts for both vendors and purchasers in mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies. He has also acted for issuers in respect of initial public offerings, secondary financing and dealings with regulators, including stock exchanges and securities commissions.