Bryan & Company is a pre-eminent Western Canadian law firm dedicated to delivering an extremely high level of legal service and acting as trusted advisors to our clients. We support our clients in achieving their goals by being practical, efficient, and responsive. We focus on the interplay that exists between business and legal disciplines in creating effective solutions for our clients.
Bryan & Company is a valued member of Ally Law, a global service network of 70+ independent law firms that help provide localized business intelligence and a global reach. Member firms are extended an invitation only after strict vetting and are continuously evaluated against rigorous service standards. Our membership with Ally Law is a testament to the quality of legal service we provide.
As we approach our centennial anniversary, the Firm is guided by a five-year strategic plan rooted in investing in talent, curating a compelling client roster and optimizing process and tools.
Title: Assistant Controller
Reports To: Controller
Indirect Reports: 3 Accounting Clerks
Location: Edmonton, AB (in office)
The Assistant Controller will oversee the day-to-day accounting operations, ensuring accuracy and compliance in accounting processes. They will lead a team of three Accounting Clerks, providing guidance and mentorship while fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will display a combination of strong leadership skills and technical accounting expertise.
In addition to leading the accounting team, the Assistant Controller will support the Controller in achieving strategic priorities and executing special projects, including the upgrade of our accounting system.
At Bryan & Co, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit, team driven and forward-looking approach. We encourage a fun and inclusive work environment where individuals are empowered to be themselves while driving toward common goals. As we continue to grow and adapt, we are seeking an Assistant Controller who embodies these values to join our dynamic team.
- Lead, mentor and motivate a team of three Accounting Clerks ensuring on-going cross training and promoting professional development;
- Provide direction on daily activities including general and trust deposits and payments, opening and closing files, write-offs, disbursements, reviewing journal entries, accruals, invoicing, internal controls, and compliance reporting; and
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients (including banking relationships) addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger entries, and month-end closing procedures;
- Become the subject matter expert as it relates to all accounting software offering troubleshooting support, training and best practices as needed;
- Ensure compliance with the Law Society of Alberta and all government and/or regulatory bodies;
- Prepare a high volume of both credit card and bank reconciliations (including trust accounts);
- Offer analysis on variances in budget, reporting, internal controls and general accounting practices providing recommendations to the Controller as appropriate;
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of:
- financial reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc)
- GST returns and financial statements;
- year end processes for both general and trust accounting;
- annual budget;
- Special Projects
- In close collaboration with the Controller, support the upgrade of the accounting system, including coordinating implementation efforts and providing training to team members;
- Lead ad hoc financial analysis and reporting initiatives to support decision-making and strategic planning; and
- Drive process improvements and automation initiatives to streamline workflows and enhance productivity.
- Customer Service | Service orientated with high level of focus on both internal and external customer needs and demands.
- Detail Oriented | Keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Drive to Results | Ability to anticipate, assess and readily adapt to changing priorities, maintain resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively manage in a changing environment. Keenly aware of deadlines and manages time effectively.
- Team Oriented | Considers success as a reflection of the team. Works well as a team and independently.
- Problem Solving | Sound problem solving, decision-making, and project management skills and experience.
- Communication | Ability to effectively interact, communicate, influence, and collaborate with a variety of internal and external customers. Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication and active listening skills, including an ability to distill complex issues.
- Professionalism | Ability to apply sound business principles/professional judgment to a wide variety of situations and requests. Demonstrates discretion, diplomacy and attention to confidentiality.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role in a professional services environment;
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
- CPA Designation, or in process of obtaining CPA Designation, considered an asset;
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team;
- Strong technical accounting skills and proficiency with accounting software/systems including Mircosoft Excel, Acumin and Payworks.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects and driving process improvements; and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Veronica Odynski at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.