Central Services – Administrative Assistant
Bryan & Company LLP is a full-service law firm based in Edmonton, Alberta serving clients and the community since 1928. We are a firm grounded in our Albertan roots but serve our clients globally. The firm’s goal today remains the same as it was then: to provide our clients with excellent and personalized service; while attracting, growing and retaining our top talent. A large part of the firm’s success is driven by its people and establishing and nurturing strong relationships.
Come grow and elevate your career with Bryan & Company LLP and be a part of its success! Are you a new professional looking to join an industry-leading law firm, working with a diverse group of remarkable people in a collaborative, fun, supportive culture?
Bryan & Company LLP is looking to fill a full-time Central Services Administrative Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and client service skills, strong work ethic, high attention to detail, confident personality, ability to maintain client confidentiality, exceptional problem-solving skills self-driven, dynamic, energetic, highly motivated, takes exceptional pride in their final work product and the ability to work in a fast pace environment with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
Education and Qualifications - in addition to the above:
Administrative Certificate or Administrative Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute, or 1-2 years of previous office experience in a professional services firm would be an asset
• Positive attitude.
• Team player. Has demonstrated the ability to work with various personalities in a professional manner.
• The ability to take direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
• High level of Emotional Intelligence.
• Exceptional organizational, time, and stress management skills.
• Accountable, reliable, takes ownership and pride in their work, and are open to feedback.
• Produces a quality product in a timely manner.
• Growth mindset, critical and strategic thinker.
• Excellent business acumen – understand the strategy and goals of the organization, partner, clients, and team members. The ability to focus, problem-solve, and anticipate the needs of others. • Proficient MS Word, MS Teams, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. • Worldox. • Experience with Acumin.
• Assistance with opening/sorting/processing and delivery of incoming & outgoing mail.
• Preparation of Couriers, Registered Mail, and tracking of same.
• Completion, of bank and post office runs.
• Assistance with the closing of files and processing of write-offs, etc.
• Ordering office and kitchen supplies.
• Hospitality duties: monitoring and maintaining the cleanliness in the meeting, boardrooms, reception, kitchens, and common areas.
• Reception coverage for breaks, lunches, vacations, and illnesses.
• Additional administrative assistance when required for the lawyers, students, and Legal Assistant team members.
If you want to love where you work and who you work with; be a part of our success, and submit your resume and cover letter referencing the position you are applying by no later than November 9th, 2022 to the attention of Jeannette Blumentrath, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com. Bryan & Company LLP provides a supportive learning environment and a competitive compensation package that includes a Benefit Plan and DPSP Program.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.