Corporate Commercial Legal Assistant – One Year Temporary Position
Bryan & Company LLP is a full-service law firm based in Edmonton, Alberta serving clients and the community since 1928. We are a firm grounded in our Albertan roots but serve our clients globally. The firm’s goal today remains the same as it was then: to provide our clients with excellent and personalized service; while attracting, growing and retaining our top talent. A large part of the firm’s success is driven by its people and establishing and nurturing strong relationships.
Interested to gain incredible experience and elevate your skillset with Bryan & Company LLP? Are you looking to join an industry-leading law firm, working with a diverse group of remarkable people in a collaborative, fun, supportive culture?
Bryan & Company LLP is looking to fill a one-year maternity leave position (with the possibility for permanent employment thereafter) working with two Corporate Commercial Partners. The successful candidate will have a minimum of one to two years of Corporate Commercial Legal Assistant experience and will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the partners practices, including carrying out administrative services. The ideal candidate for the position will have a strong work ethic, high attention to detail, confidant personality, ability to maintain client confidentiality, exceptional problem-solving skills and is comfortable working in a fast-pace and dynamic workplace.
Education and Qualifications - in addition to the above:
- Legal Assistant Certificate, Legal Assistant Diploma and or Paralegal Diploma is preferred, but not required. Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
- One to two consistent years of Corporate Commercial Legal Assistant experience working independently and within a team environment.
- Experience in Real Estate and CORES would be an asset.
- Positive attitude and can mix fun and productivity in the workplace.
- Team player. Has demonstrated the ability to work with various personalities in a professional manner.
- The ability to take direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Quick learner and an interest to engage in future professional development sessions to enhance the individual’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- High level of Emotional Intelligence.
- Exceptional organizational, time and stress management skills.
- Accountable, reliable, takes ownership and pride in their work and are open to feedback.
- Produces a quality product in a timely manner.
- The ability to research and results oriented.
- Growth mindset, critical and strategic thinker.
- Excellent business acumen – understand the strategy and goals of the organization, partner, clients and team members. The ability to focus, problem solve and anticipate the needs of others.
- Proficient MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Teams.
- Experience with SPIN (Alberta Land Titles Registry), CORES level I and II certification, and APPRES (PPSA) would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Acumen would be an asset.
- Working with the Partners, running the client practices, managing schedules, calendars, emails and hard deadlines with independence and confidence efficiently in a pro-active manner.
- Opening and closing of client files.
- Daily time entry, manage and maintain an up to date diary and filing system.
- Drafting correspondence, Agreements, reports, accounts, processing payments and other documentation independently and or under the guidance of the partner verbally and or through dictation.
- Conduct due diligence, conflict and other transactional searches that may be required (Ex: Land Titles, CORES, PPSA etc.).
- Communicating effectively with clients, internal team members and departments, including third party representatives.
- Additional Legal Assistant support, when required for members in other departments the Lawyers, Students and Legal Assistant team members.
- Other administrative Legal Assistant duties as required.
If you are looking for a change and interested to join an exceptional employer, come join our team! Bryan & Company LLP provides a supportive learning environment collaborating with exceptional colleagues and a competitive compensation package that includes a Benefit Plan. Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Jeannette Blumentrath, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com. This position will remain open until the position has been filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.