Intermediate and Senior Corporate Paralegal Opportunities
Bryan & Company LLP is a full-service law firm based in Edmonton, Alberta serving clients and the community since 1928. We are a firm grounded in our Albertan roots but serve our clients globally. The firm’s goal today remains the same as it was then: to provide our clients with excellent and personalized service; while attracting, growing and retaining our top talent. A large part of the firm’s success is driven by its people and establishing and nurturing strong relationships.
Come grow and elevate your career with Bryan & Company LLP and be a part of its success! Are you looking to join an industry-leading law firm, working with a diverse group of remarkable people in a collaborative, fun, supportive culture?
Bryan & Company LLP is looking for two experienced Corporate Paralegals working at an Intermediate and Senior level to join the team. The successful candidates will have a minimum of three to five years of Corporate Paralegal experience working in a Corporate Department within a law firm setting that exudes a solid understanding of corporate law and the appropriate procedures that may apply. The successful Corporate Paralegals will enjoy working in a busy and challenging work environment, be responsible for managing a multitude of requests working with various lawyers and team members meeting strict deadlines producing a quality product. The new team members will have a strong work ethic, high attention to detail, confident personality, ability to maintain client confidentiality, exceptional problem-solving skills and is comfortable working in a fast-pace, dynamic workplace.
Education and Qualifications - in addition to the above:
- Legal Assistant Certificate, Legal Assistant Diploma and or Paralegal Diploma preferred, but not required. Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
- Three to five consistent years of Corporate Paralegal experience working in a Corporate Department within a law firm setting.
- Minimum CORES Level I and Level II accreditation.
- Strong understanding of corporate legislation
- Experience with ALF corporate database and Nuans federal database preferred
- Positive upbeat attitude and ability to work within a dynamic Team environment in a positive and professional manner
- The ability to take direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Quick learner with an interest to progress and engage in development sessions to enhance skills, knowledge and operational efficiencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (spoken, verbal and written).
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Accountable and reliable with pride and ownership of quality work in a timely manner
- Critical and strategic thinker with ability to research and problem solve
- Excellent business acumen – understand the strategy and goals of the organization, partner, clients and team members. The ability to focus, problem solve and anticipate necessary requirements
- Proficient with MS Word/Worldox document management system
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams
- CORES I and Cores II (Required)
- Experience with the ALF corporate database system
- Working within Corporate Department Team, Lawyers and Legal Assistant Members managing daily corporate transactions, including requests for searches and registrations
- Ability to manage deadlines with independence and confidence in a pro-active manner, including preparation and drafting of corporate documents for incorporations, amalgamations, amendments, reorganizations, rollovers and extra-provincial registrations and updates
- Create and maintain corporate profiles and Minute Books records
- Communicating effectively with internal team members and departments
If you are intrigued and have the qualifications for the Corporate Paralegal positions, want to love where you work and who you work with; be a part of our success, stand out and submit your resume and cover letter referencing the position you are applying for to the attention Jeannette Blumentrath, Human Resource Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. The postings will remain open until the positions have been filled. Bryan & Company LLP provides a supportive learning environment and a competitive compensation package that includes a Benefit Plan and RRSP Program.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.