Legal Assistants – Generalist Positions
Bryan & Company LLP is a full-service law firm based in Edmonton, Alberta serving clients and the community since 1928. We are a firm grounded in our Albertan roots but serve our clients globally. The firm’s goal today remains the same as it was then: to provide our clients with excellent and personalized service; while attracting, growing and retaining our top talent. A large part of the firm’s success is driven by its people and establishing and nurturing strong relationships.
Come grow and elevate your career with Bryan & Company LLP and be a part of its success! Are you a new professional looking to join an industry-leading law firm, working with a diverse group of remarkable people in a collaborative, fun, supportive culture?
Bryan & Company LLP is looking to fill Generalist/Floater Legal Assistant positions providing general support to the lawyers and Legal Assistants. The successful candidates will have a minimum of one to three solid years of Legal Assistant experience working in the various areas of Litigation, corporate commercial, personal injury, insurance, administrative, wills and estates, real estate (Residential and Commercial) and regulatory and construction law. The Legal Assistants will be responsible to provide the legal teams with support managing the volume, deadlines, covering absences and adding value to the teams by managing the day-to-day needs of the clients and providing legal administrative services. The new team members will have a strong work ethic, high attention to detail, confident personality, ability to maintain client confidentiality, exceptional problem-solving skills and is comfortable working in a fast-pace, dynamic workplace.
Education and Qualifications - in addition to the above:
- Legal Assistant Certificate, Legal Assistant Diploma and or Paralegal Diploma is preferred, but not required. Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
- One to three consistent years of Litigation Legal Assistant experience. New graduates will be considered.
- Positive upbeat attitude.
- Team player. Has demonstrated the ability to work with various personalities in a professional manner.
- The ability to take direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Quick learner and an interest to engage in future professional development sessions to enhance the individual’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
- High level of Emotional Intelligence.
- Exceptional organizational, time and stress management skills.
- Accountable, reliable, takes ownership and pride in their work and receptive to feedback.
- Produces a quality product in a timely manner.
- The ability to research and results oriented.
- Growth mindset, critical and strategic thinker.
- Excellent business acumen – understand the strategy and goals of the organization, partner, clients and team members. The ability to focus, problem solve and anticipate the needs of others.
- Proficient MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Teams.
- Experience with Eclipse, SPIN (Alberta Land Titles Registry), CORES level I and II Certification, and APPRES (PPSA) would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Acumen.
- Manage the legal practices, schedules, calendars, emails and hard deadlines with independence and
confidence efficiently in a pro-active manner.
- Opening and closing of client files.
- Daily time entry, manage and maintain an up to date diary and filing system.
- Drafting correspondence, pleadings, reports, accounts and other documentation independently and
or under the guidance of the partner verbally and or through dictation.
- Conducting a variety of due-diligence searches as required.
- Communicating effectively with clients, internal team members and departments including third
- Other administrative Legal Assistant duties, as required.
If you are intrigued and have the qualifications as a new emerging Legal Assistant professional, want to love where you work and who you work with; be a part of our success, stand out and submit your resume and cover letter referencing the position you are applying for to the attention Jeannette Blumentrath, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com. Bryan & Company LLP provides a supportive learning environment and a competitive compensation package that includes a Benefit Plan and RRSP Program. The positions will remain open until the positions have been filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.