Kenneth Blasius, Q.C.
Ken is a partner at Bryan & Company, practising corporate and commercial law with experience in a wide range of corporate matters. He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, participating in the Wills, Estates and Trusts Section, Business Law Section and Real Property Section.
Ken’s areas of practice include:
- Bank financing
- Commercial leasing for landlords and tenants concerning lease transactions involving office, industrial, retail and ground leases
- Commercial real estate including purchases and sales
- Negotiating and drafting contractual arrangements
- Developing strategies for clients concerning the purchase or sale of a business
- Development of commercial and residential land parcels
- Incorporations, joint ventures, partnerships and franchises
- Estate planning and preparing wills
- Advising clients on estate implications of re-marriages and common-law relationships
- Managing and protecting estate assets through the establishment of trusts for spouses, children and grandchildren
- Advising executors or corporate trustees in the administration of trusts and estates
- Dispute resolution and problem solving of inter-party organizational and operational disputes
- Sale or purchase of businesses
Ken has lectured on behalf of the Law Society for the bar admission course and given numerous seminars to both professional and private groups. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of real estate law.