Kent is an associate with Bryan & Company, advising clients on a wide range of corporate matters, from multimillion-dollar transactions to assisting start-ups with organization and governance.
Kent focuses on business law, providing practical, prompt and effective solutions to various legal issues.
His areas of practice include:
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and reorganization of business enterprises
- Negotiating business transactions and drafting agreements
- Corporate and commercial strategic planning, organization and structuring
- Corporate governance planning and implementation including shareholder, partnership, limited partnership and joint venture agreements
- Advising on operational aspects of business enterprises, including employment, contract and leasing matters
- Preparation of wills, powers of attorney, personal directives and other estate planning matters
Kent is actively involved in the community and sits on the board of directors at a local golf course. In the past, he served as an instructor for the Legal Education Society of Alberta Interviewing & Advising CPLED sessions, guest lecturer at the University of Alberta School of Business and guest legal advisor at Business Link.
Kent is a member of the Law Society of Alberta as well as the Canadian Bar Association.