Tim D. Smythe
Tim is a partner with Bryan & Company and is experienced in guiding clients through litigation, mediation and a number of other alternative dispute resolution forums. He provides practical advice to his clients, helping them achieve their objectives in a prompt and cost-effective manner.
Tim has appeared in the Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench and Court of Appeal in Alberta.
Tim has a broad litigation practice, with areas of practice in:
- Construction litigation, dealing with a wide variety of claims involving building- and construction-related disputes
- Corporate and commercial litigation involving contractual and shareholder disputes
- Liability claims arising pursuant to policies of insurance
- Employment services, including advising on wrongful dismissal claims and matters involving workplace human resource issues
- Advising on the legal aspects of business operation strategy, including negotiations and contractual disputes
Tim currently sits on the firm’s Professional Development committee.