Employment & Labour
Bryan & Company LLP’s employment team includes lawyers that have acted for both employers and employees. We prepare contracts and policies to avoid issues before they happen. However, when disputes arise, we have skilled litigators who work to solve any problems in the most cost-effective matter.
Our firm acts for employers of all shapes and sizes, from small businesses to large public companies and institutions. We also act for employees facing these issues and who are seeking advice. We understand the importance of handling all employee-related issues with care and attention. No issue is too small or too large for our team.
Our lawyers have knowledge and experience dealing with issues concerning:
- Wrongful dismissal
- Human rights
- Employment Standards Code
- Contract and policy preparation
- Contract disputes
- Non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Privacy issues
- Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) matters
- Marijuana in the workplace
- Sexual misconduct and harassment
- Collective bargaining agreements and disputes
- Professional regulatory matters
- Occupational Health and Safety
Who to Contact
News & Articles in Employment & Labour
Summary of Employment Law Restated By Supreme Court of Canada in Matthews v Ocean Nutrition Canada Ltd.
Last updated Jan 4, 2021 The Supreme Court of Canada recently revisited the foundational principles of employment law in the context of constructive dismissal in Matthews v Ocean Nutrition Canada Ltd., 2020 SCC 26 [“Matthews”].