Deanna J. Zaal
Deanna is counsel with Bryan & Company, with a broad civil litigation practice. She has appeared as counsel before all levels of court in Alberta. She is experienced in courtroom advocacy and represents clients in many forms of alternative dispute resolution, such as judicial dispute resolutions, mediations, arbitrations and settlement conferences.
Deanna provides prompt service and practical advice to her clients, reaching creative and cost-effective results.
She practises civil litigation with areas of practice in the following areas:
- Corporate litigation including contractual, commercial and shareholder disputes.
- Professional liability representation for architects, engineers and other professionals.
- Construction litigation acting on behalf of design professionals, consultants and contractors in a wide variety of claims including building construction, infrastructure and road construction.
- General liability claims defending all aspects of claims as they arise under a general liability policy of insurance.
- Freedom of information and privacy complaints, and FOIP and PIPA access to information requests and inquiries.
- Administrative claims in front of various boards and tribunals including the Workers’ Compensation Board and Public Lands Appeal Board.
- Insurance litigation involving first-party claims, coverage disputes, fraud claims, subrogation claims, property claims, CGL claims and automobile claims.
Deanna volunteers with Student Legal Services at the University of Alberta as a mentor and advisor. She currently sits on the firm’s Professional Development Committee.