William S. Connauton, KC
William (Bill) is counsel with Bryan & Company and advises on legal and business matters to entrepreneurs and corporate clients, government and financial institutions. He is well-versed in dispute resolution by mediation and arbitration.
Bill has been listed in Best Lawyers in Canada in Health Law since 2006 and has achieved the Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent rating, the highest possible rating in legal ability and professional ethical standards.
His areas of practice include:
- Healthcare negotiations and service provider agreements
- Corporate governance and strategic planning for businesses such as incorporations, joint ventures, partnerships and unanimous shareholder agreements
- Commercial and real estate purchase and sale agreements, as well as financing agreements
- Employment relationships, including executive employment agreements
- Real estate brokerage/agency relationships and agreements
Bill has lectured at the University of Alberta on contract law, real estate law and land title systems. He has also presented at local and provincial real estate association boards about agency and real property law. Bill was a past lecturer and Head of Course for Real Property subject matter with the bar admission course for the Province of Alberta. He is also a past chair and board member of the Legal Education Society of Alberta (LESA).