Lawrence (Larry) W. Olesen, Q.C.
Larry is counsel with Bryan & Company, with a wealth of experience that enables him to provide clients with practical, result-oriented and efficient approaches to dispute resolution. He strives to use innovative and creative techniques to achieve cost-effective solutions and resolves civil disputes through litigation, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution forums. His litigation practice is extensive, with a focus on the following areas:
- Advising clients on strategic approaches for the resolution of large, complex and multi-party disputes
- Aviation litigation including regulatory matters and liability investigations
- Energy litigation including oil and gas property disputes, business interruption claims relating to drilling operations, well workovers and pipeline and facilities claims
- Environmental contamination Litigation
- Corporate and commercial litigation including contractual, commercial and shareholder disputes
- Insurance litigation including first party claims, complex coverage disputes, large loss subrogation matters, priority claims and SEF 44 defence
- Surety claims
- Products liability and manufacturer’s liability litigation including design and fabrication deficiencies
Larry has appeared as counsel before the courts of Alberta and other Western provinces and territories of Canada, the Federal Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada, as well as a number of administrative tribunals.
Larry is a member of the Law Societies of Alberta and the Northwest Territories. He has previously served on the Law Society of Alberta’s Insurance Committee and has also been an instructor for the Law Society of Alberta’s Bar Admission Course.
For many years, he has been recognized in “Best Lawyers in Canada” for his work in the areas of aviation law, insurance law and transportation law, and has been recognized in “Lexpert” in the area of aviation law.